- 07 April / KALIFAT DES SCHRECKENS - IS UND DIE BEDROHUNG DURCH DEN ISLAMISTISCHEN TERROR
- 08 April / ERITREAâ€™S POLITICAL SITUATION AND ITS POLICY IN THE HORN OF AFRICA
- 09 April / THE FATE OF ENLIGHTENMENT IN THE ERA OF DIASPORISATION
- 13 April / VIOLENCE AND FUNDAMENTALISM IN A EUROPEAN CONTEXT. WHY DO WESTERN EDUCATED YOUTH JOIN ISIS?
- 21 April / ETHNONATIONALISM AND NATIONAL CONFLICT
- 23 April / ERITREA IN THE CONTEXT OF A POLICY FOR REGIONAL SECURITY IN THE HORN OF AFRICA
- 27 April / WHATâ€™S THE â€™NEWâ€™ RUSSIA LIKE? IS THE STATE THAT PUTIN BUILT FALLING APART?
Wednesday, 08. April 2015, 07:00 pm
ERITREAâ€™S POLITICAL SITUATION AND ITS POLICY IN THE HORN OF AFRICA
Director for Africa and the Indian Ocean, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Paris
Member of the Board of the Bruno Kreisky Forum; former Austrian Special Envoy for Africa
Eritrea is a country in the very heart of the Horn of Africa, one of the most volatile regions in the world. The ongoing volatility of the situation in Somalia and the total breakdown of legal order and governance in South Sudan, and in Yemen, all neighbors of Eritrea, render its position precarious. The political development of Eritrea, the topic of Yemane Ghebreabs presentation, will be all the more important.