- 03 Mai / ARI RATH PREIS FÜR KRITISCHEN JOURNALISMUS
- 08 Mai / BRUNO KREISKY PREIS FÜR DAS POLITISCHE BUCH 2017
- 14 Mai / 1968 ff. - DIE SOZIALDEMOKRATIE, NEUE SOZIALE BEWEGUNGEN UND GESELLSCHAFTLICHE MODERNISIERUNG
- 15 Mai / EXPLAINING THE CURRENT WAR IN YEMEN AND THE PERSISTENT JIHAD PROBLEM
- 17 Mai / 70 YEARS TO 1948: 70 YEARS TO 1948: WHAT HAS CHANGED IN ISRAELI AND PALESTINIAN POLITICS?
- 23 Mai / NUR RECHTSPOPULISMUS ODER MEHR?
- 24 Mai / LIVES IN COMMON: Arabs and Jews in Jerusalem, Jaffa and Hebron
- 28 Mai / DAS ANDERE ACHTUNDSECHZIG. Gesellschaftsgeschichte einer Revolte
- 29 Mai / INSIGHT INTO THE MIND OF THE RUSSIAN OPPOSITION
Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2018, 19:00 Uhr
70 YEARS TO 1948: 70 YEARS TO 1948: WHAT HAS CHANGED IN ISRAELI AND PALESTINIAN POLITICS?
The 15th of May this year marks 70 years to a conflicting date. It is a symbol of the ongoing tangled Israeli-Palestinian conflict: the Palestinian Nakba (catastrophe) on the one hand, and the establishment of the State of Israel on the other hand. The two speakers -- a Palestinian scholar and an Israeli scholar -- offer critical new insights on the emerging trends within Palestinian and Israeli politics and societies and their impact on the prospects of peace.
Yonatan Mendel is the Director of Manarat: The Center for Jewish-Arab Relations at the Van Leer Jerusalem Institute, and a senior lecturer in the department of Middle East Studies at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. His research interests include the status of Arabic language in Israel, the study of Arabic in the Jewish education system, and political and security considerations in the field of Arabic language in Israel.
Bashir Bashir is a political theorist. He is a senior lecturer in the department of sociology, political science and communication at the Open University of Israel and a senior research fellow at the Van Leer Jerusalem Institute. His primary research interests are: democratic theory, nationalism and citizenship studies, multiculturalism, and the politics of reconciliation.